Winter is here, and it's time to prepare for the change of seasons and enjoy the shivers. Whether you enjoy the winter season or not, one thing you can't deny is that your body needs extra attention at this time of year. We go to great lengths to be fit and healthy, from eating healthily to including immunity-boosting items in our diet, but one thing that most of us overlook is our skin. Our skin needs as much love and care as our bodies, but we frequently disregard skincare until it starts cracking and chapping.
The cold weather can cause your skin to crave moisture, leading to damaged and dry skin. If you're concerned about how the changing weather is impacting your skin, the solution can be right in your own kitchen. Although it may appear complicated, you can make some fantastic body butter with simple ingredients available in the market.
Homemade Body Butter is extremely hydrating and softens even the toughest, most dry areas of the body, such as the knees, elbows, and feet. Whipping body butter gives you the best of both worlds since it is smooth and simple to use while yet being extremely nourishing. Follow us through these simple techniques to make your DIY Body Butters.
Benefits of Homemade Body Butter
Body butter is a multi-purpose moisturizer that can be used on the face, body, feet, and hands. Here are just a few of the benefits of using body butter:
- Moisturizes and smoothes Skin.
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles
- Treats Sunburn, eczema, and rashes
- Creates a protective barrier on the skin.
- Vitamins and antioxidants nourish your skin.
- Reduces Stretch marks and Cellulite
DIY Recipes of Homemade Body Butter
Now that you have read about the benefits of homemade body butter for the skin let’s look at a list of some of the easiest and simple DIY recipes that you can use to replace those chemical-filled lotions and moisturizers that do more damage than good.
Recipe 1: Homemade Turmeric Body Butter
This body butter contains shea butter for hydrating and turmeric powder for a lovely, natural radiance while naturally soothing skin. With cold, dry winter weather on the way, this hydrating body butter is a light yet nourishing method to prepare skin for the season.
- ½ cup shea butter
- 1 tsp organic turmeric powder
- 2-3 drops turmeric oil
- Heat-safe bowl
- Jars for storing
How to Make Turmeric Body Butter?
- Using a double boiler, melt the shea butter in a heat-safe bowl. Fill a pan with a few inches of water and bring it to a boil. Place the heat-safe dish containing the shea butter on top of a pot of boiling water until melted.
- Allow the melted shea butter to cool in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Remove the shea butter and use a blender or a hand mixer to whisk it up.
- Whip in the turmeric powder and turmeric oil until the mixture is frothy.
How to Use and Store Turmeric Body Butter?
- After cleansing, apply a tiny quantity of this brightening butter. As required, apply to face and body, rubbing into skin until absorbed.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool and dry place.
Recipe 2: DIY Coconut Oil Body Butter
This body butter contains cocoa butter and coconut oil, both of which are high in anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants. This nourishing homemade body butter helps prevent stretch marks and removes scars. It protects the skin from free radicals and soothes dry and chapped skin.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cup cocoa butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5-6 Drops of Essential oil of your choice
How To Make Homemade Coconut Oil Body Butter?
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients and microwave for a few seconds, or until the cocoa butter and coconut oil are completely melted.
- Now add the olive oil and essential oil of your choice to the melted mixture and mix thoroughly.
- When the mixture cools to room temperature, it should have the consistency of melted coconut oil.
- If you want to create whipped body butter, place the room temperature mixture in the freezer for 20 minutes or the refrigerator for an hour; it should be stiff but not solid. Mix the body butter for 5-10 minutes on medium-high with a hand mixer.
How Should Turmeric Body Butter Be Used and Stored?
- Apply a small amount of this nourishing butter after cleaning your face thoroughly. Massage this body butter to the face and body as needed until it is absorbed properly.
- Keep in a cool and dry place in an airtight container.
Recipe 3: DIY Lavender Body Butter
Lavender body butter hydrates and softens the skin, providing immediate relief from dry and flaky skin. The combination of mango butter and lavender promotes skin suppleness and collagen synthesis. Applying this Body Butter will also firm the skin and promote skin cell renewal.
- 1/4 cup mango butter
- 1/8 cup avocado oil
- 7-8 drops Vitamin E oil
- 15-20 drops of lavender essential oil
How to Make DIY Lavender Body Butter at Home?
- In a small microwave-safe mixing bowl, combine mango butter and avocado oil.
- Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each until the ingredients are totally melted.
- Place the melted mixture in the refrigerator to cool and firm up for about 3 hours, or until it reaches a soft near-solid consistency.
- Remove the firmed-up mixture from the refrigerator and beat with an electric mixer until it is whipped and frothy.
- Mix in the vitamin e oil and lavender essential oil with a spoon until completely blended.
- Keep the mixture aside and let it cool for some time.
How to Use and Store Lavender Butter?
- Apply a little amount of soothing and rejuvenating Lavender Body butter on your face and body as needed. Massaging into skin until absorbed.
- Keep in a cold and dry place in an airtight container.
DIY body butter is an excellent substitute for pricey cosmetic and skincare products. These homemade body butter are abundant in soluble fat, which includes many vitamins and minerals and aids in the moisturization of your skin, resulting in smooth and soft skin. Body Butter may be good for a range of skin conditions since it hydrates the skin and makes it smooth and supple. We have compiled detailed recipes of some simple DIY that you should try since they will assist you with your skincare. So, if you're seeking ingredients for homemade body butter, go no further! Because VedaOils US provides some of the top-quality ingredients for producing body butter at home!
Q: How long does DIY body butter last?
A: DIY body butter will last for approximately 6 months to 1 year if it is stored properly in an airtight container.
Q: How to preserve DIY body butter?
A: You should preserve DIY body butter in an airtight container in a cool and dry place.
Q: How to make homemade body butter smell good?
A: You can use fragrance oil, essential oil, or even absolute oil to add a natural aroma to your homemade body butter.
Q: How to keep homemade body butter from melting?
A: You can store your homemade body butter in the refrigerator to prevent it from melting.