When it comes to crafts, we generally spend our free time producing colorful, fun items inspired by the great weather and all the gorgeous fauna and flora. Every year, we discover that it is unquestionably the flowers that capture our interest and excite us more than anything. Crafting with fresh flowers is possible, but we've found that the crafts have a short shelf life. That is why the usage of pressed Natural Dried Flowers is becoming popular day by day!
Natural Dried Flowers are beautiful blossoms that have been dried and preserved using natural methods. These Flowers are dried naturally to keep their color, shape, and beauty for use in décor and creative activities. Dried flowers are dehydrated in a variety of ways, including hanging drying, microwaving, oven drying, and pressing. These flowers can be used in crafts and handicrafts as using them creatively can provide the utmost joyous and pleasant experience. Beautifully preserved and dried blossoms have a lovely flare of hues which makes even dull and boring items interesting.
Dried flowers are beautiful and can be used for a number of projects. There are many artists that dry flowers and encapsulate them to create various DIYs! Here are some of the best natural dried flowers DIY recipes which you can use and unleash your creativity.
Best DIY Recipe using Natural Dried Flowers
Flowers lend a touch of beauty to handcrafted items. A sprinkle of dried Flowers in your favorite candle or soap-making recipe may elevate it from excellent to spectacular. Including dried flowers as a vital element in your DIY adds a modern twist to the craft. Learn how to include natural dried flowers into your DIY and craft.
Recipe 1: DIY Candle using Natural Dried Flowers
Candles crafted from dried flowers may be used to elegantly beautify your space. Whatever the occasion, your handmade flower candle should be able to wow your loved ones with its light, aroma, and artistry. Here is the recipe for DIY dried flowers candles:
- Soy Wax - 125 gram
- Cotton Candle Wick
- Dried Flowers
- Glass Jar or Container
- Fragrance Oil of your choice - 7 ml
How to make DIY dried flower candles?
- Melt the soy wax using the double boiler method. Take care that the wax is only melted and not boiled.
- Add the fragrance oil of your choice to the melted wax and mix thoroughly.
- Take the container and place the dried flowers in it.
- Carefully pour the wax into the container
- Add the cotton wick to the container and fix it using a sustainer so that the wick is upright.
- Let the wax cool down completely.
- Now your beautiful and soothing DIY dried flowers candle is ready to use.
Recipe 2: Soap making using Natural Dried Flowers
Handmade dried flower soaps are a perfect gifting option for your loved ones as these are not only beautiful-looking but they are also nourishing for the skin. These soaps have something unique about themselves which makes them appealing. Follow the given recipe to make DIY soap:
- Glycerine Melt and Pour Soap Base
- Silicone soap mould
- Dried Flowers
- Heat-resistant Bowls
- Oil of your choice
How to make DIY dried flower soaps?
- Put a microwave-safe bowl halfway with clear soap. Microwave for 30 seconds, stirring halfway through. Repeat at 10-second intervals until totally melted.
- Add the essential oil and mix the soap base thoroughly.
- Fill the soap mould with dried flowers.
- Pour 1/2 inch of clear soap over the flowers in the soap mould; set aside for 5 minutes to dry.
- Add another layer of dried flowers.
- Fill the rest of the soap mould with the remaining melted white soap.
- Allow the soaps to rest overnight before gently removing them from the silicone mould.
Recipe 3: Natural Dried Flowers Resin Art
The dried flower has a beautiful color that may be utilized to liven up your space. Pressed hibiscus flowers may be used to make DIY coasters. These handcrafted coasters will add a stylish touch to your tables while protecting them from spills and scratches. Here's how to make a dried flower coaster at home:
- Silicone Moulds
- Dried Flowers
- Plastic Cups
- Hardener and clear epoxy resin
- Wooden Sticks
- A tiny needle or pin
How to make a DIY Dried Flower Resin Coaster?
- Divide the resin and hardener evenly between two clean plastic glasses. Stir it all together with a wooden craft stick until everything is fully incorporated.
- Cover your mould with dried flowers.
- Apply a thin layer of the resin mixture to a silicone mould.
- After adding dried flowers to the mould, apply a second layer of resin to the arrangement.
- Using a pin or needle, pop any large air bubbles that have formed.
- Allow the coasters to settle for at least 24 hours.
- Remove the coaster from the mould gently after the resin has cured.
Recipe 4: DIY Exfoliating Scrub from Natural Dried Flowers
Dried flowers include relaxing effects that help reduce inflammation and enhance skin tone. The texture of dried flower scrubs functions as a natural exfoliant to remove dead or damaged skin cells while also replenishing new skin cells. This scrub also has natural cleaning effects.
How to Make DIY Dried Flowers Exfoliating Scrub?
- Take a bowl and add all the given ingredients to it.
- Mix the components carefully until they are blended together
- Apply this scrub on your face as well as your body to exfoliate the dead skin cells.
Recipe 5: DIY Bath Bombs Using Natural Dried Flowers
DIY Floral Bath Bombs are a perfect gifting option as they are not only attractive-looking but they also provide a luxurious bathing experience. You can pop one of the bath bombs into your bathtub or jacuzzi to enjoy the delight of these floral bath bombs.
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup Corn Starch
- 1 cup Citric Acid
- 1 cup Epsom Salt
- 2 tsp water
- 5 tsp melted Coconut Oil
- 15-20 drops of Essential Oils
- Dried Flowers
- Bath Bomb Moulds
How to Make DIY Floral Bath Bombs?
- Using a whisk, combine Epsom salt, baking soda, cornstarch, and citric acid in a bowl. To avoid clumping, thoroughly combine all of the ingredients.
- Add the dried flowers to the dry mixture
- Pour the wet components like coconut oil, water, and essential oil into the container, close it, and shake vigorously.
- While whisking, gently add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture.
- Fill one side of each mould with dried flowers.
- Fill the moulds with the mixture right away, filling each side completely.
- Secure the mould's two halves together and put them aside to set. Release bath bombs with caution.
- Store the bath bombs in air-tight containers or zip-lock pouches.
Making floral DIY is a lovely way to not only improve the aesthetic of the items by making them more visually appealing but also to utilize any herbal advantages of the flowers. The personalization and creative choices are practically infinite when you use dried flowers to produce DIY for use in your home and to present as gifts made by your own loving hands. So, if you're searching for the best source to acquire high-quality dried flowers, look no further. Since VedaOils US provides the most beautiful and long-lasting dried flowers that have been dried naturally So, have fun DIY’ing crafts using VedaOils Natural Dried Flowers!
Q: Are dried flowers in candles safe?
A: Yes, dried flowers are completely safe in candles as they are made from natural flowers which do not contain any chemicals, toxins, or synthetic components.
Q: Can dried flowers cause allergies?
A: No, dried flowers do not cause any allergies since they are derived from completely natural flowers. They are also chemical and toxin-free.
Q: Can dried flowers go in the fridge?
A: Yes, you can store dried flowers in the refrigerator so that it is free from moisture and humidity.
Q: Do dried flowers last forever?
A: Yes, dried flowers last forever if they are stored carefully in appropriate conditions.